When you type a search term into the address bar at the top of a Web browser it will use its default search engine to make the search. Use these steps to switch from Bing to Google in the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots at the top-right.
- Choose Settings.
- Select the Privacy, search, and services tab.
- Scroll down and select the Address bar and search option.
- Click the dropdown menu next to Search engine used in the address bar and select Google.
Our article continues below with additional information and pictures for each of the steps.
Several of the more popular Web browsers are owned by companies with their own search engine.
Two of these are Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Naturally each of these browsers sets their own search engine as the default option for searches that are made in the address bar.
But you do have the option to customize the search engine being used, which means that you can use Google as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge.
Continue reading below and find out how to change the default search engine from Bing to Google in Microsoft Edge.
How to Use Google Instead of Bing When Searching in Microsoft Edge
Note that following the steps below will only change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge. Other browsers will still use whatever search engine is currently default in their own settings menu.
Step 1: Launch the Microsoft Edge browser.
Step 2: Select the three dots button at the top-right of the window.
Step 3: Click the Settings option at the bottom of the menu.
Step 4: Choose the Privacy, search, and services tab at the left side of the window.
Step 5: Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select the Address bar and search option.
Step 6: Click the dropdown menu to the right of the Search engine used in the address bar option, then click the Google option from the list.
- How to unzip files in Windows 10
- How to put a Google Chrome icon on the desktop in Windows 10
- How to stop the Windows 10 Start menu from being full screen
- How to create an alarm in Windows 10
- How to set up Windows 10 without a Microsoft account