There are many settings and features on your iPhone which can help to reduce battery usage in iOS 9, and one of them involves turning off Location Services. While this can limit the functionality of certain apps and features on your iPhone, the improvement in battery life, and the potential privacy implications, can make it worthwhile for some iPhone users to disable the feature.
Our guide below will direct you to the Location Services menu so that you can turn it off entirely on your device.
How to Turn Off Location Services for All Apps in iOS 9
Device used: iPhone 6 Plus
Software version: iOS 9.2
The steps in this article will turn off location services for every app on your iPhone. This will make some apps work differently, and can make apps that rely heavily on location services very difficult to use. If you would instead prefer to only turn off location services for certain apps, then you can do so on the screen in Step 4 of our guide below.
- Open the iPhone Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select the Privacy option.
- Tap the Location Services button at the top of the screen.
- Tap the button to the right of Location Services at the top of the screen. As mentioned previously, if you only want to turn off location services for a few apps, then you can select them from the list on this screen, then select the Never option.
- Tap the Turn Off button to confirm that you want to turn off location services for every app, and that you understand the feature may be turned on temporarily if you activate the Find My iPhone feature.
Some of the apps on your iPhone cannot be deleted, so you may be looking for a way to get them off of your Home screen, and out of sight. One solution to this problem is to hide your apps in a folder on your iPhone. While this is not as ideal a solution as deleting the app, it is a helpful alternative for the default apps that cannot be uninstalled.