- Enabling the option to update apps automatically on your Amazon Fire TV means that the device will automatically install new versions of your apps as they become available.
- The app won’t update automatically if the new version requires different permissions than the previous version of the app.
- If you have a limited amount of data on your Internet connection then you may wish to manage your app updates manually.
The steps in this article are going to show you how to an enable an option on your Amazon Fire TV Stick so that your apps will update automatically.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Applications option.
- Select the Appstore option.
- Click on Automatic Updates to turn it on.
Much like the apps on your computer and your smartphone, the apps on your Amazon Fire TV Stick need to be updated occasionally.
Whether the update is meant to add new features or fix problems, it’s generally a good idea to install these updates as the become available.
But your Amazon Fire TV Stick may not be installing these updates automatically, which forces you to do it manually.
Luckily there is an option on the Fire TV Stick that will let the device install these apps updates as the become available.
How to Enable Automatic App Updates on an Amazon Fire TV Stick
The steps in this article were performed on an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K, but will work on most other versions of the Amazon Fire TV Stick as well.
Step 1: Tap the Home button on your remote control, then choose the Settings option at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Navigate to the Applications option and select it.
Step 3: Choose the Appstore option.
Step 3: Select the Automatic Updates option to turn it on. I have this setting turned on in the image below.
Read our Amazon Fire TV Stick FAQ and find out answers to some of the more common questions you have have about the device.