Your iPhone 11 has a flashlight that can be helpful when you are in need of a flashlight, but don’t have one handy. But if you haven’t used the flashlight before and it’s turned on, then you may be wondering how to turn off the flashlight on your iPhone 11.
The iPhone flashlight can be found in the Control Center on the device, which is a menu that contains a number of useful iPhone tools and settings.
In previous models of the iPhone you could get to the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen, but the iPhone 11 Control Center is accessed in a different way.
Our guide below will show you where to find your device’s Control Center and how to shut the flashlight off on an iPhone 11.
How to Turn Off Flashlight on iPhone 11
- Unlock the iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top right of the screen.
- Tap the flashlight button.
Our article continues below with additional information on turning off the iPhone flashlight, including pictures of these steps.
How to Shut Off the iPhone 11 Flashlight (Guide with Pictures)
The steps in this article were performed on an iPhone 11 in iOS 14.3. On older iPhone models with a Home button you will open the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen instead of the method described below.
Step 1: Unlock your iPhone with your passcode or Face ID to get to your Home screen.
Step 2: Swipe down from the top right corner of the Home screen to open the Control Center.
Step 3: Tap the icon with the flashlight on it to turn off the flashlight.
More Information on Turning Off the Flashlight on an iPhone 11
- You can also open the Control Center on the iPhone 11 when you are on the lock screen.
- If you don’t want a flashlight icon in your Control Center you can remove it by going to Settings > Control Center then tapping the red circle next to the “Flashlight” option, then pressing the Remove button. You can return to this menu later and add the flashlight again if you decide you want to use it.
- The flashlight uses the camera flash on the back of the device. Where the camera flash will only illuminate for a second when you take a picture, it simply stays on when the iPhone flashlight is activated.
- There is also a flashlight icon at the bottom-left corner of the lock screen. You can press that button to turn the flashlight on or off as well. As of when this article was written, it is not possible to remove the flashlight from the lock screen.
Kermit Matthews is a freelance writer based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with more than a decade of experience writing technology guides. He has a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Computer Science and has spent much of his professional career in IT management.
He specializes in writing content about iPhones, Android devices, Microsoft Office and many other popular applications and devices.