The screen recording feature on your iPhone makes it easy for you to take a video of what you are seeing on your screen. Whether you are recording a game or a series of actions, the ability to create a video and save it to your Camera Roll is very useful.
But if you don’t like the screen recording feature, and don’t want your child or another user to be able to take a video of your device’s screen, then you may wish to disable screen recording on the iPhone.
Use these steps to disable screen recording on an iPhone 11.
- Open “Settings.”
- Choose “Screen Time.”
- Select “Content & Privacy Restrictions.”
Note that if you haven’t used Screen Time before, you will also want to enable the Screen Time Passcode on this screen so that other users can’t make changes to these settings.
- Tap the “Content & Privacy Restrictions” button at the top of the screen, then touch the “Content Restrictions” button.
The Content & Privacy Restrictions setting needs to be turned on. This is indicated by the green shading around the button, as in the image below.
- Enter the Screen Time passcode if one is enabled.
- Tap the “Screen Recording” button under “Game Center.”
- Choose the “Don’t Allow” option.
The steps above were performed on an iPhone 11 Plsu in iOS 13.4.1, but will also work on other iPhone models running iOS 13.
If you wish to use screen recording at any point in the future you will need to come back to this menu and switch the setting to “Allow.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and tap the red circle to the left of Screen Recording.
This can also be done through Screen Time. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps and turn off the Camera.
Previously restricting content had been done by going to Settings > General > Restrictions but Apple did away with those settings and replaced it with the Screen Time functionality discussed in this article.
- What does “Hide Alerts” mean on an iPhone?
- How to turn off the lock sound on an iPhone
- What does the lock with a circle around it mean on an iPhone?
- How to turn off the camera flash on an iPhone
- How to delete playlists on an iPhone